With summer season here, temperatures have gone high. To beat this scorching heat, our very own spice cultivated in India -KOKAM serves as a natural coolant.
-Kokum – 1 cup/30g
– Jaggery- 1cup/30g
-Cumin seeds powder/Jeera powder- 1 tsp
-Salt as per taste
-Soak a cup of kokum in water for 3-4 hours.
– Once soft, mash them and strain the liquid away.
– In a pan, take the leftover kokam pulp, add Jaggery, cumin seeds powder and salt.
– Stir and cook this mixture until sugar melts. Add the strained kokum water.
– Cook for more 5 minutes and then let it cool.
– Store this kokum concentrate in a container.
-Whenever wish to drink, take 2 spoon of kokum syrup and dilute it in one glass water.
- Calories: 129kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 1.5g