This Sweet potato and chickpeas kebab is a healthy and nutritious kebab recipe made with sweet potatoes, legumes, spices and herbs.You can serve it as a snack or even as a light Breakfast/lunch/dinner meal option with a side of a heart bowl of vegetable soup or salad. Serve theses kebabs along with a dip or sauce of your choice.
- Overnight soak chick peas in water.
- Pressure cook them till they are soft, drain and keep aside.
- Boil sweet potatoes, peel and mashed them thoroughly.
- Mash green peas and chick peas in a grinder.
- Grind ginger and chili into paste.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a pan. Add ginger chili paste and sauté foe 2 minutes. Add gram flour and sauté for 5-7 minutes till it is roasted.
- Add green peas and chick peas paste, add mashed potatoes. Saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add roasted cumin powder, black pepper and salt to taste, lemon juice and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool down. Divide the mixture in five portions. Make six kebabs of each portion.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a grill- pan. Place the kebabs on it and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney and tamarind chutney and some salad on side.
- Calories: 264Kcal
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 14g