Sevaiya Upma is a very popular and common South-Indian breakfast recipe using vermicelli instead of semolina. Sevaiya Upma is also easy to prepare and a good choice when you need to prepare food within minutes. Sevaiya upma is light on the stomach which has perfect combination of energy, protein, vitamins and minerals to start your day.
It is a delicious and quick snacking option for all your hunger pangs. This is so light that it is known to be all-time favorite meal and not just restricted to breakfast.
|1. Refined vegetable Oil- 1 Tsp|
|2. Vermicelli (Semiya/Sevai)- 1 Cup|
|3. Mustard Seeds- 1 Tsp|
|4. Coriander Leaves(Optional) – Few|
|5. Green Chillies (slit or chopped)- 1pc.|
|6. Curry Leaves- Few|
|7. Onion (medium sized, finely chopped)- 1pc.|
|8. Green Peas- ¼ cup|
|9. Carrot (Small Size, chopped)- ¼ cup
10. Capsicum-¼ cup
|11. French Beans (chopped)- ¼ cup|
|12. Turmeric Powder- Pinch|
|13. Red Chilli Powder(Optional)- Pinch
14. Salt- As per required
|15. Water – As required|
- Dry roast the sevaiya in a kadai and keep aside.
- Now, in kadai heat 1 tsp oil and splutter 1 tsp Black mustard Seeds, 1 dried red chilli, 1 green chilli (optional) and few curry leaves. Sauté well.
- Further, add chopped onion and sauté slightly.
- Also add green peas, carrot, capsicum and French beans. Sauté for few minutes.
- Additionally, add turmeric powder and salt. Sauté for a minute.
- Now add in roasted semiya and mix gently with all the ingredients.
- Add water as required to cook the sevai well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or till vegetables turn soft.
- Do not overcook as sevai will get mashed.
- Finally, serve sevai upma with Tomato garlic chutney.
- If one wish, can add roasted crushed peanut (1tsp) before having it.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 110 kcal
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegetablesevaiupma healthybreakfast easy-to-cook nutrientdense