Rava Appam (Paddu) is a healthy and tasty South Indian snack that is often consumed as breakfast, or as an afternoon snack. These are tasty vegetable balls that require very little oil to make.
- Semolina : 1 cup (75 g)
- Curd: 1/2 cup
- Carrot: 1 (Finely chopped).
- Capsicum: 1 (Finely chopped).
- Onion: 1 big (Finely chopped)
- Cabbage: 1 cup(Finely chopped) (Optional)
- Green chilli: 2-3 nos.
- Black mustard seeds: 1/2tsp.
- Curry leaves: 6-7 no
- Baking powder: 1/2tsp.
- Oil: 2 tsp.
- Salt as per taste
- To prepare Rava Appam mix 1 cup Semolina (suji) with half cup curd in a bowl. Add half cup water, half tea spoon baking soda and salt, and mix the batter well.
- Cover the bowl and keep the batter for 30 minutes.
- Chop carrots, capsicum, onion, chilli, cabbage into tiny pieces.
- Now put some oil in a pan, along with some mustard seeds and curry leaves and heat the oil.
- Once the oil has been sufficiently heated, put the vegetables on the pan and fry them.
- Once the vegetables come to normal temperature put the fried vegetables into the batter and mix them well.
- Brush a little oil along the surface of the appam maker and put the batter inside.
- Heat the appam maker pan for 5 minutes. Turn appam upside down and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Make small balls of delicious appam and serve with coriander chutney.
Rava Appam will keep you healthy and leave a good taste in your mouth
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 436 kcal
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: Instant rava appam (Paddu)