Ragi Dosa are nothing but finger millet crepes/pancakes made with ragi flour. This gluten free recipe can be served as a Breakfast or Dinner meal with a side accompaniment of home made chutneys/raita’s or vegetable and dal preparations like Sambhar. Ragi is easily digestible and very nutritious and is excellent for infants, lactating mothers and for those recovering from illnesses.
- Ragi flour-1 cup
- Rice flour-1/4th cup
- Sour curd-1/4th cup
- Green chilli chopped-1
- Coriander leaves chopped-2 tbsp.
- Oil-1 tbsp.
- Salt-as per taste
- Water-as required to make thin consistency
1. Take Ragi flour, rice flour, chopped green chillies and curd in a large bowl.
2. Add 1½ cups water and salt. Mix well and keep batter aside for 30 minutes to settle. Batter should have pouring consistency like buttermilk. If required, add more water to get the required consistency.
3. Add chopped onion and coriander leaves and stir to mix well.
4. Heat dosa tawa/griddle over medium flame. Stir the batter before making each dosa. When tawa is medium hot (see tips), smear oil on the surface, take ladle full batter and pour it over tawa (from the 2-3 inches height) from center to the side in circular motion. Try to keep few empty gaps in between to allow it cook evenly. Do not spread the batter. Drizzle 1-teaspoon oil around the edges of dosa and cook until color of top surface changes to brown, it will take approx. 1-minute over medium flame.
5. Ease out dosa with spatula and flip it over another side, cook for 30-40 seconds over medium flame.
6. Turn off flame. Fold crisp and hot ragi dosa and transfer to a serving plate and serve with coconut chutney.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 250-260Kcal
- Fat: 18-20g
- Carbohydrates: 35-40g
- Protein: 8-10g