Quinoa dosa is a nutritious twist on the traditional South Indian dosa. This recipe combines quinoa, urad dal, and rice to create a fermented batter that’s rich in protein and fiber. The dosas are thin, crispy, and can be customized with your favorite toppings or fillings. They make for a wholesome and satisfying meal, perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Ingredients For Quinoa Dosa:-
For the Dosa Batter:
- Quinoa 1 cup
- Urad dal (split black gram) ¼ cup
- Rice (any variety, preferably short-grain) ¼ cup
- Poha (flattened rice) ¼ cup
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Water (for soaking)
- Salt to taste
For Making Dosas:
- Oil or ghee (for greasing the dosa)
- Optional toppings/fillings: chopped vegetables, grated cheese, or any other filling of your choice
- Rinse the quinoa, urad dal, rice, and poha separately in cold water.
- Soak the quinoa, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds together in enough water for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Soak the rice and poha together in a separate bowl for the same duration.
- Drain the soaked quinoa, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds.
- Drain the soaked rice and poha.
- Grind the quinoa, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds together with enough water to make a smooth batter. The consistency should be similar to regular dosa batter.
- Grind the rice and poha together with a little water until smooth.
- Mix the two batters together, add salt to taste, and mix well. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Cover the batter and let it ferment in a warm place for about 8 hours or overnight. The fermentation time may vary depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
- Making Quinoa Dosas:
- Heat a non-stick or cast-iron skillet (dosa tava) over medium heat.
- Once hot, reduce the heat to low, and grease the skillet with a little oil or ghee.
- Pour a ladleful of the quinoa dosa batter onto the center of the skillet.
- Quickly spread the batter in a circular motion from the center outwards to form a thin dosa.
- You can make it as thin or thick as you prefer.
- Drizzle a little oil or ghee over the dosa and around the edges.
- Cook until the dosa turns golden brown and crispy on the bottom side.
- If you want to add toppings or fillings, sprinkle them on the dosa at this point.
- Fold the dosa in half or roll it up and remove it from the skillet.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 120-150 kcal
- Fat: 1-2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25-30
- Fiber: 2-3 grams
- Protein: 5-6 grams
Keywords: Quinoa Dosa