Moong dal and spinach idlis is a quick dish packed with iron and proteins, an apt option as post workout meal, an evening snack or an side appetiser. An wholesome snack made from yellow lentils, yogurt and spinach leaves
– 1/2 Cup yellow Moong dal Soaked for 3 hours and drained.
-1 Cup Spinach blanched and roughly chopped
– 2 Tbsp Curd
– Salt to taste
– 1/2 tbsp Fruit salt/ Baking powder
– 1/2 tbsp Oil for greasing
1. Combine Yellow moong dal and spinach and blend in mixture to make a smooth paste.
2. Transfer the mixture into bowl, add salt and curd and mix well.
3. Just before steaming, Add the fruit salt to batter and pour 2 Tablespoon water over it.
4. When the Bubbles form,Mix gently.
5. Grease the Idli moulds using Oil, Put spoonful of batter in Idli Moulds.
6. Steam for 12-15minutes.
7. Cool slightly, Demould and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 120kcal
- Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 7.2 g