If you looking for adding jowar into diet but bored of the JOWAR BHAKRIS , here is an super easy, quick dish for breakfast/ lunch or dinner/ snacks. Goes in all..THE JOWAR DOSA!!
- Jowar flour-1/2 cup
- -Rice flour-1/4th cup
- – Buttermilk -1/2 cup optional
- -Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- -Ginger green chilli paste-1/2tsp
- -Coriander leaves chopped-1tsp
- Oil/Ghee for drizzling
- In a mixing bowl, take jowar flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, ginger chilli paste.
- Add buttermilk (optional) or water. Mix it well making sure no lumps are formed. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix again and check the consistency. Batter should be running consistency like rava dosa batter.
- Heat up an non stick pan, when the tawa is very hot pour in a spoonful of the batter starting from the outer side of the tawa towards inner side. The process is similar to that of rawa dosa
- Add in few droplets of oil/ghee over it. Cover and cook on medium flame for 3-5 minutes till the bottom side does not turn crisp golden.
- Fold it and serve hot with coconut chutney
- Rubbing onion to the hot tawa prevents dosa from sticking to the tawa.
- Pour the batter only when the tawa is Super hot. so in between each dosas you make. wait for the tawa to get hot again.
- You can add veggies like chopped onions or grated carrot on top.
- Serving Size: 1
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Ready to eat meal options, Jowar recipes, millet, gluten free