Grilled Vegetable Curd Sandwich is a delicious sandwich recipe. This is an easy-to-make dish that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and snacks food, taken to work, school, or picnics to be eaten as part of a packed food. Easily prepared at home, this snack can be served on occasions like kitty parties, buffet, potlucks and house parties. You can also pack this Fusion recipe for your kids’ tiffin and we are sure it will never fail to meet your expectations! Prepare this breakfast recipe and enjoy with your loved ones.
A sandwich is a food typically consisting of vegetables, sliced egg or meat, curd or peneer placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type. Sandwiches are one of the loved snacks all around the world!
Finely chopped cabbage – 1/4 cup
Grated carrot – 1/4 cup
Peas – 1/4 cup
30 g finely chopped capsicum
Finely chopped spring onions – 30 g
Lettuce – 2 leaves
Greek yogurt or hung curd – 1/2 cup
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Herbs – as required
Bread slices (multigrain or gluten free) – 4
- First rinse and finely chop the veggies in a food chopper or a food processor or with a knife.
- Then add Greek yogurt or thick curd or hung curd with the vegetables.
- Sprinkled black pepper, salt, dried oregano and red chili flakes as per the taste. If you want you can also add other dried herbs like thyme or basil or mixed herbs. You can also add chopped green chilies, instead of red chili flakes.
- And give a proper mix to it.
Making Curd Sandwich
Take the bread slices.
Place the vegetable mix in between the two slices.
Grill the sandwiches till crisp and golden.
Serve curd sandwich hot or warm
Sandwiches can be served plain or with any dip or chutneys of your choice.
- Do use thick curd, hung yogurt or Greek yogurt to make the filling.
- Do note that all the veggies are raw except the steamed peas. If you want you can even blanch the cabbage leaves and then add into the mix.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 204
- Sodium: 309 mg
- Fat: 6 - 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 - 55 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 12 - 15 g