These grilled tofu steaks are the perfect low carb vegan protein packed recipe that can be served as a side or even as a no grain dinner meal option alongside a hearty bowl of vegetable soup. In terms of health benefits, Tofu is not only a great source of protein but is also a valuable plant source of manganese, iron , calcium and phosphorous!
– 100 gms Tofu
– 8 leaves Spinach
– 1 onion Chopped
– 2 garlic Chopped
– 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Oil
– 2 Blanch Tomatoes
– salt to taste
– Crush pepper to taste
– Oregano seasoning
– 1 onion small
– 1 garlic
– 1 Tomato Paste medium
1) Slit upto 2/3rd of tofu steak.
2) Stuff the spinach mixture and close with soft hand.
3) Heat extra virgin oil in pan and grill the tofu steak till golden brown.
4) Grill vegetables in overheated pan in virgin olive oil as per your taste.
5) Add tomato sauce over the tofu steak and serve.
Accompaniments: Grilled vegetables (broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, mushrooms, Baby corn, Asparagus, Carrot)
For stuffing: Heat extra virgin oil, sauté garlic and chopped onions until golden brown, add chopped spinach and cook to perfection. Cool the mixture for some time.
Sauce: Put little oil in pan, sauté garlic and onion till golden brown. Blanch chopped tomatoes, add seasoning to taste. Add tomato paste to adjust the consistency.
- Calories: 160kcal
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 22g