Shami Kebabs can be incredibly tasty source of protein that you can snack in during the evening, or use as a side dish during dinner. Shami Kebabs are soft, fluffy, low-oil, high-protein snack that would be your perfect choice if you are looking for a delicious meal that wouldn’t add too many calories to your daily limit.
- Bone less chicken:200g
- Chana since: 50g
- Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
- Black pepper corns:5-6
- Coriander seeds: 1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp.
- Bay leaf:1
- Ginger : 1 inch
- Garlic cloves:4
- Onion:1 big
- Turmeric powder: 1/4th
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
- Whole red chilli:1
- Coriander leaves:1-2 tbsp. chopped
- Garam masala powder: 1/2 tsp.
- Salt as per taste
- White oil: 2 tsp.
- Wash and soak chana dal for about 2 to 4 hours.
- Drain the water and put them into a pressure cooker
- Add boneless chicken, chopped ginger, garlic pods, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, clove, cardamom, cinnamon stick, half onion sliced, bay leaf, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add ½ cup water. Cook inside pressure cooker properly (5 whistles should be optimum). Do not add excess water. Make sure the water evaporates completely from the mixture
- Dry the mixture and cool it down.
- Remove the whole spices from the mixture
- Take the other half of the onion and chop it up and toss fry with chilli and add them to the mixture
- Put this mixture inside a processor or a blender and make paste
- Put the mixture into a bowl and add egg, garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves and green chillies (optional).
- Mix all well and make dough
- Divided the dough into 5 to 6 equal parts and make balls. Flatten them and make kebab.
- Put 1 teaspoon oil in a pan. Spread the oil all across the pan and heat it well.
- Put the flame on medium and press the kebab on both sides until the surface turns golden brown.
- Serve with homemade chutney
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 160 kcal
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: Chicken Shami Kebab