This bread crouton and Feta cheese salad is a simple salad bursting with mediterranean flavours which can serve as an excellent main course option. This salad is best served fresh.
Bread slice – 1 (cut into squares without the edges)
Feta cheese / Cottage cheese – 1 tbsp. (grated)
Cucumber (cut into semi-circle) – ½
Tomato slices (without pulp) – ½
Onions (cut into square) – 1 medium
Cabbage (cut into square) – ¼
Salt – to taste
Black pepper – 1 tsp
Powdered sugar – ½ tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Vinegar – 3 tsp.
White sesame seeds (roasted) – 1 tbsp.
Oregano – 1 tsp.
Skimmed milk – 1-2 tbsp.
- Deep fry the bread croutons and keep aside. When hot, sprinkle salt, oregano, red chili flakes and black pepper powder on top and mix well.
- Soak all the vegetables in chilled water for 30 minutes to make it crisp.
- In a bowl, add all the above listed seasonings including milk and mix well.
- Strain all the vegetables. Mix seasoning mixture in vegetables and stir it well. Add fried bread croutons and mix again.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Top it with crushed feta or cottage cheese (sprinkle salt and black pepper powder).
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds on top and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 170 - 180 Kcal
- Fat: 10 - 12 gm
- Carbohydrates: 25 - 30 gm
- Protein: 12 - 14 gm