Moong dal Cheela/Pancake is a healthy, delicious and quick to make recipe that can be consumed as a breakfast or snack item. It can be made with minimal ingredients and within minutes given, that the Moong dal is soaked overnight or for few hours before preparation. It can be served without any sides but it tastes best when served with homemade chutneys/pickle/curd/raita.
- 1/4 cup Moong Dal (whole or split with husk)
- 1 tablespoon Green Peas
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped Onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely chopped Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely chopped Green Chili
- 1 teaspoon ghee or Oil
- Wash and soak the moong dal for around 3-4 hours prior to making the batter.
- Then take the soaked and drained moong dal, blend it in a mixer along with green chillies, green peas, ginger, using little water to make a thick paste.
- In a bowl, add onion, coriander leaves, salt and the blended moong dal and peas paste.
- Mix well and add water to make a thin dosa like batter. Remember to add water in small batches to get your desired consistency (Medium thick consistency)
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add a little oil to coat the pan.
- Pour a ladle full of batter when the pan is hot and flatten out until 1cm thick.
- Pour a little oil on either side and cook until golden brown.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve hot with any Chutney/Pickle/Salsa/Curry
The Moong dal Cheela/Pancake can be stuffed with or topped with vegetables of your choice to make it more nutritionally balanced.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 167.75 Kcal
- Fat: 5.325 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.11 g
- Protein: 8.79 g
Keywords: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, healthy, vegetarian, Protein, weightloss