Our immune system does an excellent job of defending us against disease-causing microorganisms. But sometimes it fails. A germ (pathogen) invades our body successfully and makes us sick.
Can we intervene in this process and make our immune system stronger? What if we improve our diet? Take certain vitamins or herbal preparations? Make other lifestyle changes so that we can get a near-perfect immune response?
Our first line of defense is to choose a healthy lifestyle. Following general good-healthy practices is the single most step we can take towards keeping the immune system strong and healthy.
Every part of our body including the immune system, functions better when protected from negative impacts of the surroundings and strengthened by healthy-living strategies such as these:
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and low in saturated fat.
• Cook meat thoroughly.
• Exercise regularly
• Maintain a healthy weight
• Blood Pressure Control.
• Stop Smoking
• Stop Drinking alcohol or drink only in moderation
• Get adequate sleep
• Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently
• Get regular medical screening tests for people in your age group and risk category
Boosting our immunity is difficult but not impossible. It is time, we take up on ourselves to bolster our immunity by following the steps mentioned above. This will help us fight the common ailments that we currently suffer or will impact us in the future. Our body needs a right balance of nutritious food, physical exercise and self care.