Sweet Potato Barfi is a low calorie tasty and healthy sweet. Since sugar isn’t used in the preparation of sweet potato barfi it is very good for people with diabetes and those who are overweight. Sweet Potato Barfi is prepared using sweet potato, milk powder and nuts, and hence it is a very good option as a low calorie sweet.
- Sweet potatoes (1 medium) :100g
- Ghee or clarified butter: 1 tbsp.
- Green cardamom powder (freshly ground is better): 1/4 th tsp.
- Chopped almond: 2 nos.
- Skimmed milk powder:25g
- Boil sweet potatoes along with their skin in a pressure cooker and cool them
- When cooled, peel and mash the boiled sweet potatoes.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed or non-stick pan.
- Fry the mashed sweet potatoes, stirring frequently, until ghee begins to separate. The halva tastes better when fried well.
- Add milk powder (unsweetened). Cook, stirring continuously, for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add 2/3rd of the chopped almonds.
- Spread it out on a greased plate and allow it to cool. Then cut them into squares or in diamond shape.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with remaining nuts. Serve them warm or cold.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 251Kcal
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: Sweet potato burfi