This nutritious Quinoa Sala is easy to prepare and is a quick make which can be consumed as a snack or even a Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner meal option with a side bowl of healthy soup. Quinoa is a great source of protein and is an ideal choice for someone who follows a vegetarian diet as it contains all 9 essential amino acids.
- Water-1 – 3/4 cups
- Uncooked quinoa -1 cup
- Tomato-½ cup coarsely chopped seeded
- Coriander leaves- ½ cup chopped
- Peanuts- ¼ cup roasted
- Raisins-1/4th cup
- Cucumber- ¼ cup chopped
- Green chilies – ½ tsp. finely chopped
- Lemon juice- ¼ cup fresh
- Extra virgin olive oil-1 tbsp.
- Onion-finely chopped 1 tbsp.
- Salt-1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper powder -1/4th tsp.
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan, bring boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; fluff with fork.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover, let stand for an hour.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 193kcal
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 5g