Gond Laddoo, a winter special energy dense food. This helps to keep your body warm and provide extra burst of energy needed t overcome the lethargy in winters. Gond is known to boost stamina and health, helping one keep away from falling sick due to cold and cough. These laddoos help lubricate joints and are extremely powerful to reduce back pain as well as other joint pains. These are highly recommended to women post delivery to avoid aches and pains.
Whole wheat flour – 200g
Powdered sugar or sugar free – 1/2 cup
Coconut oil or pure ghee – 1.5 tbsp
Gond – 30g
Almond (churned in a mixer) – 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Heat Ghee or coconut oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Roast almonds and nuts of your choice until golden colour. Stir occasionally. Remove and keep aside.
- Ghee or Coconut oil should be medium hot to fry gond. Coarsely crush gond with the help of a rolling pin. Mix it with nuts. Keep aside in a tray.
- Sauté whole wheat flour stirring continuously until deep golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients including cardamom powder. Mix well till the temperature slightly comes down.To make laddoos, take small portions of the cooked mixture and roll in between palms to make it round in shape.
- Store laddoos in an air tight container, cool & dry place.
You can add chopped pistachios, walnuts or macadamia nuts along with almonds. Few strings of saffron can be added too. For better taste use coarsely grounded whole wheat flour in place of regular whole wheat flour.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 130Kcal
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Vegetarian, High energy balls, Post pregnancy food, Bone healthy food, Energy balls, Winter food, Winter snack, Healthy snack.