Gobi (Cauliflower) masala is one of the easiest recipes to make. This flavourful and healthy dish is one of the most commonly made side dishes since Cauliflower is a popular vegetable available all year round. It can be served as a side with Roti/Flat bread/steamed rice.
250 gms Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
1–2 Green chilies (deseeded)
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Garlic paste & Ginger paste
1 large Tomato, finely chopped
1 tsp cooking Oil
1 tsp roasted Cumin seeds
1 Bay leaf
¼ tsp Turmeric
Salt – to taste
¼ tsp Garam Masala
½ tsp Red chili powder
½ tsp Coriander powder
To garnish freshly chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat oil and add the cumin seeds and the bay leaves.
- When seeds splutter, add chopped onions, ginger and garlic and sauté till brown and fat separates.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric, salt, garam masala, red chili powder and the coriander powder, and stir fry till the fat separates.
- Add Gobi and deseeded green chilies and sauté over high heat till the vegetables is soft and tender.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, covered till cooked through.
- Serve hot, garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 110 - 120 KCAL
- Fat: 6 - 8 GM
- Carbohydrates: 12 - 15 GM
- Protein: 4 - 6 gm