Bhetki Paturi is a popular Bengali dish where fillets of Bhetki fish are cooked by wrapping them in banana leaves. This recipe can be prepared using other types of fish as well. To prepare Paturi very little oil is needed as the cooking is mostly done by steam. Bhetki Paturi is both incredibly delicious and healthy.
- Bhetki fillet : 2 pcs (200 g)
- Mustard oil: 1 tsp.
- Poppy seeds: 1 tbsp.
- White mustard seeds: 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp.
- Curd: 1 tbsp. (Optional)
- Green chilli :2-3 nos.
- Lime :1 no
- Salt as per taste
- Banana leaf / foil paper (For covering the fish)
- Marinate the bhetki fillets with 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice and salt for 15 minutes.
- Mix white mustard, poppy seeds and green chillies well in a mixer-grinder with one teaspoon of water.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, curd and mustard oil and mix until a smooth paste is formed.
- Cover the bhetki fillets with the mixture evenly and add 2-3 drops of mustard oil on top.
- Take a rectangular banana leaf and place one spiced up bhetki fillet on it. Cover the fillet properly with the leaf using a thread. If you are using aluminium foil instead of banana leaves, make sure to cover the fillet properly. Repeat the process with the second fillet.
- Place both the covered bhetki fillets onto a pan and close the lid. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on medium flame. Turn them upside down and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Turn off the flame and leave them inside the pan for another 5 minutes with covered lid.
- Serve bhetki paturi with brown rice or pulao.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 225 kcal
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: #healthyfish #omega3fattyacids #hearthealth