Khichdi is an indian wholesome, one pot meal loaded with nutrients. This recipe is an variation to simple dal khichdi by adding spinach and mushrooms for added flavour and nutrition boost.
– Split Mung daal with skin, 3/4cup
-Basmati Rice: 100 g
– Spinach: 300 g
– Button Mushroom: 200 g
– Green Peas: 100 g
– Garlic cloves : 3-4 chopped
– Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
– Black pepper powder: 2 tsp
– Dry Red chili : 2 pieces whole
– Salt to taste
– Oil: 2 tsp
1. Wash and soak mung daal in water for 20 minutes.
2. Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
3. Heat pan. Dry roast mung daal.
4. Add rice and roast for 5 more minutes.
5. Add water, turmeric powder, salt and cook till mung daal and rice are soft and cooked well.
6. Heat oil in a separate pan.
7. Add cumin seeds; when the seed started to splutter, add dry red chilies,garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add blanched broccoli, peas and spinach and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
9. Add salt, black pepper powder and sauté till all the juice dries up.
10. Add cooked vegetables to the khichadi(cooked Rice and Mung daal).Cook on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
Delicious, healthy Hari- Bhari Khichadi is ready to serve. This can be served with curd for added flavor.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 187kcal
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g