This Minty Oats Vegetable soup is one of the easiest recipes to put together for a quick breakfast or even as a dinner option. It is a Fibre rich soup which is not only filling, but also delicious, healthy and nourishing.
- 3 tbsp quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chopped carrot
- 2 tbsp chopped cabbage
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- ½ tsp chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
- ½ tsp oil
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- Salt (As per taste)
- Turmeric ( 1/4th tsp)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Sprig of Mint
- 1 tsp of roasted Pumpkin,
- 1 tsp of roasted Sunflower seeds and
- 1 tsp of roasted Sesame seeds
- Dry roast the Oats on medium high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non stick pan. Then add in chopped green chillies, garlic and ginger and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Follow this by adding in the chopped carrots, cabbage (and any other vegetable of your choice) and saute on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes till cooked.
- Add the oats, saute them for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Finally add the spices (Salt, turmeric and any other spice and herbs of your choice), lemon juice and mint leaves, mix well and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately and garnish with a sprig of mint and tbsp of mixed seeds on top.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 308.31
- Fat: 10.56
- Carbohydrates: 37.8
- Protein: 10.37