This Lentil Quinoa and chickpea salad recipe is a classic gluten free and heart friendly recipe flavoured with lemon and fresh mint. Since this salad is rich in protein and fibre, this will keep you full for longer and can be served as a snack or even a Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner option coupled with a heart bowl of green leafy vegetable soup.
-3/4th cup Lentils : Washed and soaked for 2 hours and cooked till they become soft.
– 100gm Chick peas : Soaked overnight and boiled till they are cooked.
-1/4 cup Quinoa : Washed thoroughly and soaked for 10 minutesboiling water. Drain excess water.
– 150g Cauliflower florets : blanched
– 200g Carrot : Cut into thick slices and blanched.
– 4 Garlic cloves minced.
– 2 big Onion sliced
-1 cup parsley, Finely chopped
-3tsp Lemon juice
– Salt to taste
– 2tsp Pepper
– 3tsp Olive oil
1. Heat oil in pan. Add garlic and sauté for some time.
2. Add onion slices and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower and carrots and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add lentils, chick peas and quinoa and sauté for 1 minute. Add salt, pepper and mix well.
5. Remove from fire.
6. Add parsley and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serving Size: Serves 5
- Calories: 158kcal
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g