An guilt free and quick tea time namkeen which is not fried and healthy! An easy to prepare chivda mix which stays good for weeks!
- Rolled oats: ½ cup
- Poha : ¼ cup
- Peanuts : 1tsp
- Roasted Makhana / Fox nuts: ½ cup
- Roasted Bengal gram: 1 tsp
- Ghee : 1tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1tsp
- Curry leaves: 3-4
- Crushed Garlic: ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, dry roast rolled oats for 5-6 minutes until it is crisp. In the same pan, dry roast poha until crisp.
- -In another pan, heat up the ghee, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Then add in the roasted Bengal gram, peanuts and cook till golden brown.
- Then add in curry leaves, crushed garlic, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add in the roasted poha, rolled oats & makhana to it and mix well. Let the mixture roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Store it in air tight container once cools down.
- Along with peanuts and roasted bengal gram, you can add cashews and almonds too.
- Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 40.7g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 10g