Meet…the healthy, soft, chewy, amazingly delicious homemade granola bars that you can’t stop making. Soft, Chewy granola bars are so easy to make at home and they are the perfect for you with combination of dried fruit, nuts, and seeds.
Granola bars are one of the most convenient foods. They are full of whole ingredients that are Healthy as well as Nutritious. These bars are easily available in stores or online, but there are a ton of benefits to making your own. You can control the sweetness, come up with your own combinations of flavors, and control what ingredients you’re adding into your bars according to your health. They are Gluten- free.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats for gluten-free granola)
- 30 g dates
- 50 g smooth creamy natural pea nut butter.
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100 ml honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 g dried fruit, chopped if large (I used dried cranberries)
- 50 g Almonds
- 20 g Flax seeds
- 20 g Pumpkin seeds
- Luke warm water – if required
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, chopped dates, and seeds and salt. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Melt honey and peanut butter in a pan. Pour the melted honey and peanut butter and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix well, until oat and nut is lightly coated. Use spatula and try to coat it first with the melted honey butter and peanut.
- You can add luke warm water while mixing if it does not coat all the ingredients. Pour the granola onto prepared baking tray and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes. (For extra-clumpy granola, press the granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer). The granola will further crisp up as it cools for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cut into rectangular shapes, then set aside.
- Let the granola bar cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes).
- Store the granola bars in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. The dried fruit can freeze solid, so let it warm to room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving 1 pc.
Try pressing them down again after baking. Let them cool for 10 minutes and press down firmly while warm, then let them cool completely before cutting.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 158 – 160 kcal
- Sodium: 131.6 – 132 mg
- Fat: 3.5 - 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5 – 35 g
- Fiber: 2.9 – 3 g
- Protein: 4.5 – 5 g