This homemade Besan Khaman dhokla recipe is not only easy to make, but is also extremely fulling, tasty, soft and a delightfully warm cake that can be consumed for breakfast, as a tea time snack or even as an appetizer.
Besan (Bengal gram Flour)- 1 Cup
Semolina- 1 Cup
Sugar – 2 tsp
Ginger-green chilli paste- 1 tsp
Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
Oil- 3 tsp
Fruit Salt- 1 tsp
Salt- To taste
- Combine Besan, semolina, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt
- Add 3/4 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk to get a smooth batter.
- Just Before steaming , add fruit salt and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture immediately to greased 7” diameter plate(tray) and spread evenly by rotating the plate clockwise.
- Steam in a steamer for 10-12 min or till the dhoklas are cooked . Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan, add mustard leaves.
- When seeds crackle, add sugar and 3/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla and spread it evenly. Wait for 5 minutes and let the water absorbed.
- Cut into pieces, garnish with coriander.
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 78 Kcal
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 3.2g
Keywords: Vegan, Diabetic friendly, Snack