Jowar is mainly used for making bhakris or rotis which at times become time consuming . Jowar dosas are an great alternative to them. They are super quick, tasty, healthy, gluten free, protein rich and highly recommended for diabetics, cardiac patients
- -1/4 cup Jowar flour
-1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
-1/4 cup Makki Ka Atta (Yellow Corn Meal Flour)
-1/3 cup Onions finely chopped
-1/3 cup Green Chillies finely chopped
– 2tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Leaves finely chopped
-Salt to taste
-1/2 tbsp Red chilli powder
– Water as needed
– Cooking oil for greasing
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the Jowar flour, whole wheat flour, maize flour, onions, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt, red chilli powder and start adding water gradually to make a thin batter.
2. Making sure that batter should be of pouring consistency.
3. Heat a non stick tava on medium heat, grease it with oil. Pour a ladleful of batter on tava; spread it in a circular motion.
4. Drizzle some oil on the chila and around the edges. Cook on medium low flame.
5. Flip the cheela and cook it from both the sides until golden brown in colour.
6. Repeat same process to make more chilas with the remaining batter.
7. Serve Jowar vegetable Cheela along with coriander chutney.
- Calories: 100kcal
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 7g