Shami Kebabs can be incredibly tasty source of protein that you can snack in during the evening, or use as a side dish during dinner. Shami Kebabs are soft, fluffy, low-oil, high-protein snack that would be your perfect choice if you are looking for a delicious meal that wouldn’t add too many calories to your daily limit.
- Bone less chicken:300g
- Curd (Dahi/ yogurt):100g
- Ginger paste: 1 tbsp.
- Garlic paste: 1 tbsp.
- Cashew nuts:5-6 no
- Almond:5-6 no
- Lemon juice:1 tsp.(5 ml)
- Milk: 2 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp.
- Black peppers: 1/2 tsp.
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves: 2 tbsp.
- Oil: 1-2 tsp
- Take medium sized chicken pieces and wash them thoroughly in water. In a different pot soak almonds for 20 minutes in water, remove their skin, and put them aside.
- Take a big bowl. Add curd, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, chopped coriander, salt and spices and mix them thoroughly.
- Make a paste of water soaked almonds and cashew nuts and add the paste in the curd mixture.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon oil in the mixture and put the chicken chicken pieces into it. Coat the pieces completely with the mixture and marinate them for at least 1 hour keeping the lid of the bowl covered. The flavour of the mixture would seep into the chicken pieces.
- Preheat your oven for 5 minutes at a temperature of 350F/175C and put the wooden skewers in hot water.
- Insert the skewers into the chicken pieces and put them inside the oven. Brush some oil on the chicken chunks
- Grill the chicken for 20-30 minutes until they become juicy, soft and tender. Take them out of the oven and remove the skewers
- Serve these delicious chicken reshmi kebabs with coriander chutney and mixed vegetable salad.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 176 Kcal
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: Chicken Shami Kebab